You are just stressed, you are tired, you are moody, you are grumpy, you are sad, you are dramatic, you are overreacting
Those are some of the phrases that are used to substitute the fact that siyagowa (We going through a lot)
As a black community we have not grasped the fact that as much as you take care of your body, and soul so should you do to your mind
Your mind is as much of an engine as your heart
We need it to be functional
We often get caught up in doing things the right way, right now forgetting that your mind won’t be responsive if you don’t treat it with care
It does not matter which point your life is at right now, you deserve a break, you deserve some sunlight, some pure laughter and love
MENTAL DISORDERS DO EXIST AND THEY AFFECT YOUR MOOD, THINKING AND BEHAVIOUR
I am one person who stresses a lot,
quick to be anxious,
when faced with a difficult situation I dwell on it until it fries my mind,
I focus on what is making me sad and I want to take everything in at that time
Of which all these factors affect my productivity
HERE ARE SOME OF THE TIPS that helped me take better care of my mind
It is all a process; I too am still working on myself
- Have someone you can talk to
– let It be someone you trust, someone who won’t judge for feeling horrible about the smallest things, someone who will try to provide you with solutions, sometimes you don’t need a solution just someone who will hear you out
– when faced with a difficult situation: try to stay calm and come up with a step by step solution that will enable you to take one thing at a time
– Try to plan ahead if you working on a certain goal. To help you eliminate the pressure of doing things in the last minute
- Spend time with loved ones
– This is my favourite one because, when life gets too tough; I go home to be with my family and I am revived
– Be around people who love you unconditionally
– When you with family there are always stories to tell, funny things that you went through and remind each other. Let them know that you are here to distress so you’d appreciate more laughter than stress
In everything, remember to breath. You can’t solve a problem with the same mindset that you created it with
It’s totally okay to zone out and switch off your phone to recoup, everyone on social media is also going through something but they don’t show it so deal with yourself too.
HERE ARE TYPES OF DISORDERS ONE CAN BE DIAGNOSED WITH:
A mental health disorder characterised by continuous depressed mood or loss of interest in activities, causing significant impairment in daily life.
A mental health disorder characterised by feelings of worry, anxiety or fear that are strong enough to interfere with one’s daily activities.
A disorder associated with episodes of mood swings ranging from depressive lows to manic highs.
A group of thinking and social symptoms that interferes with daily functioning.
A chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity and impulsiveness.
A disorder that affects a person’s ability to think, feel and behave clearly.
Excessive thoughts (obsessions) that lead to repetitive behaviours (compulsions).
A serious developmental disorder that impairs the ability to communicate and interact.
A disorder characterised by failure to recover after experiencing or witnessing a terrifying event.
These types of disorders need medical attention so no, you not crazy
Doctors might prescribe medication to keep it under control or offer other treatments
Just know that once you in a better state of mind, you function better, you love better and laugh louder.
comment below how you deal with stressful situations and let’s help each other
and remember when you need to talk, I’m that attentive sister
Thank you for staying with me till the end. You My Lover are special.