We still on the May For Women Series and we have yet another beauty who will be imparting her knowledge with us as a woman in the beauty industry.
Ntokozo Nhlapo is A bubbly lady who is a people’s person, In her own words she says “I’m an easy person to gel with”, she is funny and lively. what you see is what you get with her.
She is multi-talented and has worked with the likes of Drum Magazine and Yolanda Vilakazi just to name a few. She is also a Professional Chef. Her Businesses are called BeautyPro Makeup and CookerMua Kitchen (PTY) Ltd
Enjoy her interview and don’t forget to take notes
What do you love about the art of makeup?
- I love that an art of makeup can make someone fall in love with themselves over and over again,that feeling unlocks more confidence and when a woman is confident in themselves they can conquer the world.
Did you study for it or it started as a hobby?
- It was all a hobby, until I mastered it on the streets, I wanted to persuade the art of makeup as a profession. I enrolled and never completed my studies due to funds.
What inspired you to make a business out of it?
- I am good at working with people from my experience of promoting beauty products and working as a bar lady,turning my makeup hobby into a business was influenced by that.
How do you stay relevant in this saturated market?
- Discipline is what set you different from the rest, respect your craft and the business concept you initially thought of before engaging with people. I’m known for being cheeky with people who don’t respect time because that is what I told myself I will honor throughout my business.
What advise would you give to the young lady who loves makeup and doesn’t know how to apply it? And one who would also love to make a business out of it? Where can they start and what can they do?
- Practice makes perfect and allow people to criticize you and always expose yourself to your greater competition in order to learn and improve your skills. Start where you are and what you have and growth will catch-up with you on your journey don’t forget to invest in quality
I hope you found valuable lesson today that you indeed start with what you have to change your circumstances for the better. Don’t let anything stand in the way of reaching your goals. Live Your Dream.
*Please feel free comment below and ask questions we’d love to hear from you*
Please follow and support her on her social media too:
Thank you for staying with me till the end. You My Lover are special.