We are back again with yet another beautiful lady for our ‘May For Women’ series.
I will let this lady introduce herself in her own words:
“I am Morakana ’Raki’ Seokotsa a 20 something-year-old trying to figure out this thing we call life. I use blogging as a form of expressing myself – my thoughts and my words, I use blogging as my canvas.
I am an Internal Auditing graduate currently studying towards my postgraduate.
I love reading, spending time with loved ones most importantly I love connecting with people on a deeper level.
I love conversations, books and music that I can easily resonate with. I always carry a journal with to jot down my thoughts and some inspiration from everyday life.
I am inspired by life itself how we interact with each other, how we express our individuality and nature and its calmness.
It is beautiful. I love yoga, laughing and my family, we are so close-knit and they are a safe haven. “
Don’t forget to take something for yourself from her story and use it in the best possible way in your life.
Please do enjoy and take notes.
Why did you choose blogging?
- I believe I’m a better writer than I am a speaker. I love writing and journaling my thoughts down and that has paved the way for my blogging journey. I’m a bit old school, I prefer reading books, letters and overly long depth monologues over listening or reading to e-books/audio books and watching tv.
I believe there is a lot of passion for writing and it is just raw how you can feel a person’s emotions or passion for something through their writing. That idea made me fall in love with sharing my thoughts.
How long have you been blogging?
- I have been blogging since January 2018. It has been 2 years and a few months since I embarked on this journey.
What challenges have you come across?
- As a blogger I have come across a few challenges, like at the beginning of my blogging journey I didn’t know half the things I had to do, I was just winging it. I used to get questions about what a blog is and didn’t know how to explain what I do.
Writers’ block has also been a challenge in most cases I would be uninspired to write, uninspired to a point where I thought my work had no sense of direction and meaning.
What do you enjoy most about what you do?
- I enjoy after having published a blog post, how readers say it has inspired them in one way or another or better yet, hearing how my work has awakened one’s soul. I love hearing how my readers felt after reading my work, that alone brings the utmost joy in my life.
What advise do you have for someone who is also interested in wanting to start their own blog?
- It is a beautiful journey and it is important to take it one day at a time. Learn one thing and master it before deciding on venturing into other things.
Don’t feel overwhelmed at the tons of information you are fed about blogging. Everything you want to know about blogging is easily made available on the Internet
– P.S: Pinterest is your best friend for everything you need to know. Write at your own pace and pay no attention to the noise.
All these ladies are just full of wisdom. Raki’s passion for writing has also led her to have a few brand collaborations. such as timberland, Builders, Sana Organics, Perfect touch and Mamoa to name a few
Please do check out her amazing informative blog: http://www.africansoulgoddess.co.za/
*Please feel free to comment below and ask questions, we’d love to hear from you*
Please follow and support her on her social media too:
Thank you for staying with me till the end. You My Lover are special